1. My favorite thing about this week was/is: HALLOWEEN!
2. Colder weather makes me: Happy- (Unless its SUPER SUPER cold) I totally dig all those cold weather accessories!
3. Three things that make me terribly happy as of late are:
-Not having a headache (because those times a few and far between)
– Torani Raspberry coffee syrup.
– The fact that family will be coming to visit very soon!
4. If I could only wear one kind of shoe for the rest of my life, I’d choose: This is a hard one- I love shoes so much. Id probably have to say boots. I love boots.
5. My personality type is:
-Im super shy in person- unless you make me mad, then Im super confrontational.
6. I have a serious problem resisting: touching Johns super flurry beard. (LOL- sorry John)
7. My favorite color to wear is: BLACK. Because I can accessorize with fun colors.
Im joining in on Ten on Tuesday with Linnys Vault.
1. Both kids got in trouble at school, Jayde got in trouble for poking her friends lunch box (um, ok), and Ethan got in trouble for playing with his eraser and talking in class. We spent the entire night dealing with them fussing about being punished for being bad in school.
2. Were already decorating for Halloween. Don’t even tell me I’m nuts I got the go ahead from my twitter friends , its totally normal to decorate this early in advance.
3. Last night I cooked two dinners. One normal sized, 2 lbs of chicken. Followed by me cooking 4 more pounds of chicken because John and the kids were raving about how good it was and how they wanted more.
4. If one of the kids sneezes without covering their mouth I’m going to lose it. Sneezes make me want to gag!
5. I started another blog today- I’m not sure how comfortable I feel with openly sharing it just yet.
6. I’ve picked up my phone at least 5 times today when I got a text alert, thinking it was mom. It wasn’t.
7. Tomorrow morning I go to see the ear nose and throat specialist to get the results of some of the tests from last week. I’m hoping he found something so that I can get some relief from this constant dizziness.
8. I discovered that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Maroon 5. Have you heard their new cd? A-freaking-mazing! Everyone around the house is singing it, cute- but sometimes a bit much.
9. Tomorrow its supposed to storm, and I can’t wait. I was to just sit on the front porch and listen to the rain fall.
10. I miss my mom.
I stumbled across this meme, and I adore it! I really do. Basically its a rundown of my week, aka, fragments of my week.
I went to the doctor to see why I’m still dizzy to the point that I can’t function, and decided I needed more medicine including shots twice a week.
Got sent to a specialist who then made me schedule MORE test.
Ethan had his very first project ever, to create a timeline of his life- It was incredibly cute.
I turned 28, and my sweet babies did something super special for me (post to come)
I started making minor updates to my blog.
So theres my week in a nutshell- pretty epic huh?
10 Lessons your child could teach you.
1.] Spend less time cleaning, and more time playing.
Do a quick “flash cleaning” to make it appear clean then play!!
2.] Don’t hold grudges.
I mean come on, what child have you ever seen to hold a grudge for longer than like 2 minutes? Life is too short to be mad.
3.] Its ok to go out with a spot on your clothes.
Now this is something Im super picky about- I never go out without a super clean shirt on, no spots or stains. If my favorite shirts gets stained, no matter how small, its done I won’t wear it again. We as, my kids if its their favorite shirt they will try and wear it every opportunity they can regardless of what it looks like.
4.] Play in the mud.
Who cares what kind of mess it makes, don’t think just do!
5.] When you’re tired, sleep.
Your body knows what you need. Don’t fight it. No one wants to deal with a grumpy butt.
6.] Slow down. Watch the rain.
As an adult I don’t take nearly enough time just to slow down and enjoy the small things in life. Since having children Ive noticed those small things more. You would never believe how amazing it just to sit on the front porch and watch the rain fall and forget all of your problems.
7.] Dance like no one is watching.
Have you ever danced in the mirror, probably in a way that you wouldn’t do if someone were watching you. Well Im sure you’ve seen a child break into dance randomly, caring less who’s watching. Imagine the happiness that would come if you did that!
8.] Say hello and smile at random people.
You never know what a smile or hello can do for someone.
9.] Shiny things are awesome.
Need I say more?
10.]So I asked Ethan to tell me a lesson I should know (he’s home sick from school) He said “Don’t chew gum”
Literally made me LOL- I know I shouldn’t have but I did.
He’s home from school right now because he had to have TWO teeth pulled today, he had a filling that because of him not listening to me and chewing gum it yanked the filling out and caused it to get infected and a lot of pain. Long story short. Avoid chewing gum.
Have you heard of thefancy.com John told me about it. Its very similar to Pinterest, except it has “deals” and it actually seems to work most of the time. It too has a mobile app. Which again is very close to Pinterest… except it works.
The only thing I don’t care much about is that all my wonderful friends aren’t using it… so sign up… and find me. So Im not all alone there.
Today we went to find Jayde a used toy kitchen at the peddlers mall/trading post, as always we found some real Kentucky gems.
Only in Kentucky.
When did you last use a public restroom?
At the park the other day- I try to avoid those at all costs- but I got caught I drank a massive coffee before hand and then had a 20 minute drive home. It was doomed from the start lol. Im normally not against public restrooms- but playground restrooms are a totally different thing!
When did you last ride public transportation?
Probably at least 9 years ago- when Chandler was a baby and our car was in the shop. That was the last time I wrote the bus. I don’t see myself doing that again anytime soon (EW)
How far away from your home is the nearest public housing?
Public housing? I feel silly saying this but I have no clue what that is. Projects? Im guess a VERY long way from here.
Which of your public utilities is the least reliable?
Electric! It flickers non stop. Though I think that is because were in a super old home. Everytime I think we forgot the to pay the bill lol!
What did you last view on public television or listen to on public radio?
Ohh last night- Me and John watched these guy catch fish, fillet it, cook it two different ways, then eat it. It was exactly as exciting as you would imagine lol!