What’s more awesome than cereal? Cereal AND super heroes! Two of my boys favorite things.For a limited time, specially marked Big G cereal boxes will feature collectable DC Super Hero comic books starring members from the Justice League, from Batman to Wonder Woman to Green Lantern! (How cool is that right?!) Personally I give mad props to any cereal company that actually still puts toys in the cereal box instead of having to send 100 upcs off to get one. (Is General Mills the only brand that does that?)
We are huge cereal eaters here, for breakfast, lunch, and sometimes even dinner.(Yep I just admitted that to the entire world- I occasionally feed my kids cereal for breakfast!) I also put cereal in my kids lunch (dry of course)- oddly enough that some how makes me the cool mom! But my favorite thing to do with cereal is make cereal bars! Try this recipe, it literally works with ANY cereal. We tried it most recently with Lucky Charms (NOM).
So- I know you’re wondering how you can get your hands on some Big G cereal (besides going to the grocery)
Heres what you will win!
1 box of a participating Big G cereal
1 set of the collectable DC Super Hero comic books
1 Green Lantern action figure
MANDATORY ENTRY: If you could have one super power what would it be?
Like General Mills on Facebook
Like Three Loud Kids! on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Tweet/facebook/or blog about this giveaway!
Be sure to leave a comment for each entry! Contest will end on November 6th at 11:59pm.
*Disclosure: Product, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills and DC ENTERTAINMENT through MyBlogSpark.*
I had the pleasure of being able to review Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip. Oddly enough I was super excited about it because Im ALWAYS too cheap to spend $3.18 on veggie dip mainly because I feel like I could just just salad dressing to dip my carrots and celery in. Honestly thats all I had done until I got this dip. And I seriously have to admit- I was WRONG. It wasn’t “watery” like traditional dressings are. It was actually really good. Id have to say in the future I probably will actually buy the Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Dip. It was flavorful- and delicious. I was told that I could try it in a recipe- and would you believe I couldn’t think of anything to put it in?!? Now Im thinking it would be AMAZING with some buffalo chicken wraps. Like seriously good- Im going to have to go grab some wraps to try it with. (Dinner tomorrow here we come). The Marzetti website also has some great recipes as well. Like THIS tuna fish sandwich (OMG John might actually eat this!) Instead of adding mayonnaise and mustard and relish you add the veggie dip- which personally I like the idea of not mixing as much stuff in. Even these Oven Baked Sweet Potatoes sound SUPER good. Especially since, they’re healthy AND its getting closer to Thanksgiving and those sweet potatoes are going to be going on sale, and best part I know my kiddos would like these and they would be perfect for in they’re bento lunches.
Anywho, back to the dip. Chandler did try it with chips- because were weird like that and like ranch on our chips, (we also like it on our pizza rolls too). Surprisingly enough when we dipped the tortilla chips in the dip- it was VERY good. I would venture to even say it was better than the chip dip, mainly because its not all watery, but in the same sense its nots TOO chunky either (ever had a chip dip thats TOO chunky- its actually super gross).
So- in all- Chandler liked it- on basically everything. Ethan was very worried about trying it (even though he LOVES ranch dressing) He dipped his carrot in it just a little bit, and then licked the carrot. Then came back a and took a HUGE dip, Needless to say he liked it a lot. Obviously John didn’t try it because getting that man to eat veggies or ranch would be impossible- but I think if he did try it he would really enjoy it.
Long story short- Try Marzetti Otria Yogurt Veggie dip- its in the veggie section at your grocery store, its worth the money, and super delicious.
I was one of the bloggers selected by T. Marzetti Company and Clever Girls Collective to host a Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip review. They provided me with product to test and compensation for my time. However, my opinions are entirely my own.
Im joining in on Ten on Tuesday with Linnys Vault.
1. Both kids got in trouble at school, Jayde got in trouble for poking her friends lunch box (um, ok), and Ethan got in trouble for playing with his eraser and talking in class. We spent the entire night dealing with them fussing about being punished for being bad in school.
2. Were already decorating for Halloween. Don’t even tell me I’m nuts I got the go ahead from my twitter friends , its totally normal to decorate this early in advance.
3. Last night I cooked two dinners. One normal sized, 2 lbs of chicken. Followed by me cooking 4 more pounds of chicken because John and the kids were raving about how good it was and how they wanted more.
4. If one of the kids sneezes without covering their mouth I’m going to lose it. Sneezes make me want to gag!
5. I started another blog today- I’m not sure how comfortable I feel with openly sharing it just yet.
6. I’ve picked up my phone at least 5 times today when I got a text alert, thinking it was mom. It wasn’t.
7. Tomorrow morning I go to see the ear nose and throat specialist to get the results of some of the tests from last week. I’m hoping he found something so that I can get some relief from this constant dizziness.
8. I discovered that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Maroon 5. Have you heard their new cd? A-freaking-mazing! Everyone around the house is singing it, cute- but sometimes a bit much.
9. Tomorrow its supposed to storm, and I can’t wait. I was to just sit on the front porch and listen to the rain fall.
10. I miss my mom.
Today walking away from the school- my oldest (he’s 10.5) grabbed my hand smiled and started to tell me about his day. Naturally I thought ok, he forgot were at school. That is until I hear someone yell “CHANDLER!!” it was his friend. Yep- he yanked his hand away to wave at his friend. I thought to myself, darn I knew it. Then he grabbed it again! Can you believe it. This must be some sign that Im still cool right?
My 8 year old is even hesitant to show affection at school anymore- so I assumed that my oldest would feel the same way. Guess not. So if it was a fluke- or if he meant to do it, it still made my day.